Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dad's Honey Advice



Parents love to give advice, they love to pass on their wisdom to their kids but we don’t always take their advice in EVERYTHING!

One of my dad’s famous advices is to take one tablespoon of honey every morning. I never did and he would always lecture me on the benefits of honey. I would listen and nod along but I knew that I wouldn’t, not because I’m a spoilt brat but because I hate eating anything in the morning, especially early mornings, I can’t I just can’t!

So a couple of days ago he came up to me and gave me a paper with 15 reasons why I should have honey which I’m guessing he googled, and although the paper doesn’t say so, he insists that I should have it in the morning! Lol

Anyways, these are the reasons:

1- Allergies – Raw honey is an excellent treatment for 90% of allergies.

2- Anemia – Honey is a great blood enricher. The darker the honey, the better. Take 1 ripe banana with 1 tablespoon of honey 1-2 times a day.

3- Appetite - Honey improves appetite in children suffering from appetite loss.

4- Conjunctivitis – Dissolve honey in equal amount of warm water. When cooled, apply as lotion or eye bath.

5- Fatigue and Exhaustion – Honey is the best ingredient to remove tiredness and fatigue almost instantly because it is easily absorbed in the blood.

6- Headaches and Migraine – Take 2 teaspoons at meals to prevent headache. For migraines, take 1 dessertspoon of honey dissolved in a half glass of warm water. Repeat in 20 minutes if migraine persists.

7- Heart Diseases – Honey can fight against cholesterol. Pure honey taken with foods daily instead of sugar relieves complains of cholesterol. This is helpful for old people, especially sufferers of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and others.

8- High Blood Pressure – Take mixed 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of cumin powder 2 times a day.

9- Insomnia (Sleeplessness) – Take 1 teaspoon of honey mixed in lukewarm water of milk and drink before going to bed.

10- Poor Digestion – Mix 1:1 honey with cider vinegar and dilute with water.

11- Skin – Honey is a good moisturizer. It also helps in reducing skin problems like pimples.

12- Sore Throat – Let 1 teaspoon of honey melt in the back of the mouth and trickle down the throat.

13- Stomachache – Take 1 teaspoon of honey, and the juice of ½ lemon with a hot glass of water first thing in the morning.

14- Teeth – Although honey is sweet, it helps to maintain and protect teeth.

15- Stress – Honey in water is a stabilizer – calms highs and raises lows. Use approx. 1:4 honey to water.

As much as I appreciate his efforts, I’ll try to make it a ritual but I cant promise anything;p

Stay Healthy!

2 comments: